Sunday, September 03, 2006

Barker Pass to Tahoe City

this weekend I went on another segment of the tahoe rim trail. barker pass is a trail head between echo lakes 32miles) and tahoe city (16miles). around 7:00a dak and I were ready to go head out.

after a couple of false starts (forgot dak's leash, then my watch), we finally hit the road up to tahoe. my car's tranmission has been shifting a little rough all summer and was acting up on the way up, but my trusty navigator was helping me find the way, while I struggled with shifting going up the hills.

by the time I got the trail head, it was making funny noises... well, I was there and since the trail head is pretty much out in the middle of nowwhere, so might as well go hiking. about 9:45a we hit the trail.


here is a photo looking back at barker pass as we start heading up.

here is a shot of lake tahoe on the way up... still foggy.


granite outcroppings along the ridge, from both sides.



dakota relaxing in ward creek.



last view of granite peaks before we start descending into tahoe city.



traveling through page meadow...



some random shots from the trail.... the tree eating the rock, a pretty flower, and the obligatory self potrait.



jessica picked me up at the tahoe city trail head and we went back to get my car. at first my car would not go into reverse, once it did, everything was sort of ok. it was still shifting kind of rough and there were noises, but it was going. by the time I got home, things were not so good. now the transmission sounds like it has loose parts inside (which it might)...

I had a big bad blister on my toe. I haven't had a blister for years, so that was kind of novel. I was breaking in a new pair of boots on this trip. anyway, here is a picture of the blister...



kids don't let this happen to you !

1 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

nice blister. hope it doesn't hurt too much. we're off again for another 7-8 day adventure. hope nothing is seriously wrong with your car. miss you.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home